We strive to make your time at Terramuse a tranquil escape from the hectic pace of life. Our campus was designed to provide large, airy spaces for group gatherings, as well as ample options for solitude and reflection.
Careful thought was given to softening the typical guest sounds so that you can enjoy the quiet tranquility of rural Iowa.....
The main building at Terramuse includes dedicated spaces for large and small group activities:
- Great Room
- Art Room
- Meditation Room
- Study Loft
Outside you have access to:
- Zen Garden
- Patio with Fountain
- Fire Ring
- Shinto Shrine
- Greek Temple
- Kiva (in process)
- Stone Circle (in process)
- Three sets of trails
- Babbling Brook
- 47 acres of beautiful rural land
Overnight guests will stay in bedrooms inspired by traditional Japanese guest houses. Each guest room has amazing views of our beautiful property.
You can request a private or a two person room. Four large well appointed bathrooms are shared by the overnight guests, as well as a sauna. Terramuse provides towels, linens, and a bathrobe for your use during your stay.
A beautiful setting and fabulous food makes for a great day. You have options:
- We can provide an on site chef who will work with you to understand the needs of you and your group. As we are in the heart of Iowa farm country, we try to buy local fresh produce whenever possible.
- You can have full use of our modern kitchen
- You can cater in food - we can arrange it, or you can arrange it.
What to Bring
The most important thing to bring to Terramuse is you! Be here, be focused, just be. Please plan to bring these things:
- Clothing appropriate for your event and the local weather
- Comfortable walking shoes or boots
- Slippers - no shoes allowed in the center!
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and other items required for comfort in our prairie setting
- A journal, a book, or your art supplies
- A mind that is ready to accept the gifts offered in this time at Terramuse
What to Leave at Home
Terramuse was designed to be an environment that enables learning and individual growth. We strive to make every guest's experience positive, and we hope that all can work together to minimize disruption for other guests. This is paramount to our mutual success. Please be aware of the following:
- Terramuse is a drug and weapon-free environment.
- We prohibit any open flames and candles (unless used in the supervised classroom setting.)
- We encourage “unplugging” from technology. Computer and cell phone use is discouraged and limited to office and outside only. We have an emergency number and will alert guests should the need arise.
- We limit smoking and use of tobacco to the designated area.