Indwelling Spirit, Healing into Wholeness and Serenity- Fall Retreat
September 10 @ 6:00 pm - September 12 @ 11:30 am
Relax into a weekend of healing peace, love and beauty as we honor the Sacred of our bodies, our souls , dreams and shared consciousness. This weekend is about beginning the journey into Fall, into a time when we begin to go within through consciously marking thresholds of time through the seasons and the many gifts which they can offer to us.
Join Spirit-guide, companion, mind-body-spirit contemplative wisdom teacher, artist-healer and priest, Catherine Quehl-Engel as we experience together a beautiful blend of practices ushering us into the season of Fall. During this time we will learn:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) informed meditative Yin Yoga, Qigong and other simple life-force energy practices for calming anxiety and re-balancing energy in the body. Spending time connecting with nourishment and healing wisdom of Earth Elements in this season leading up to Fall Equinox.
- Healing energy treatment and sublime state of being through Yogic Sleep (Yoga Nidra) as well as Singing Bowl Vibrational Sound Healing.
- Exploring Dreams, synchronicities, and signs which provide spiritual guidance for us personally and collectively if we know where to look. Includes Dream Circle and Spirit Walk among fields and timber at the retreat center.
- Consciously marking thresholds of : seasons along with day and night through meditation, prayer, and prayer-poems from mystics such as Rumi, Celtic Christian spiritualists, the ancient Vedas and Taoists.
- Finding Oneness through Eco-spritituality, Christ Consciousness, East -West inter-spiritual wisdom for living with greater effortlessness, loving kindness, and ease for ourselves and others.
6pm- Opening Circle
7-9:30pm Slow, meditative TCM informed Yin Yoga and Yogic sleep
10-10:30pm Night Prayer and Radiant Heart Meditation for healing peace for ourselves, the Earth and others.
9-10am Morning Prayer and Meditation- Nourishing rebalancing Qi- harmony with late Summer to Fall Equinox
( Earth Element) Seasonal energy medicine movement. Learning Qi-ssage & Qigong daily tune-up:
which assists in stress reduction and improved sleep.
10:15am Tea break
10:30-Noon Dreams as Spiritual guidance, Communing Presence, and Healing Wholeness.
1:30-2:30 Spirit Walk: Sychronicity and Signs, where are they and how can we learn to interpret them?
3-4:30 Fusion Yin and Yang Yoga with Qigong and Sound Bath
6:30-7:30 Yogic Sleep and Singing Bowl Vibrational Sound Healing recline meditation concert
8pm Fire Ceremony and Night Prayers
9-10:15 Yoga and Qigong fusion with Daily Qi-ssage Energy Medicine Routine
10:15-11:15 Closing Circle and Spirit Guide Blessing/Meditation
About Rev. Dr. Catherine Quehl-Engel
Catherine has been leading spiritual retreats and providing spiritual care, guidance and contemplative mind-body-spirit practices for over thirty years. For over a quarter of a century she was also the chaplain at Cornell College. Her doctoral dissertation called, Deep Abiding: Praying, Living and Loving from the Inside Out was featured internationally by HeartMath Institute (2014). This work was based on Christian mysticism and the use of heart focused breath, energy and compassion-based meditation for both personal and collective healing. Catherine’s love for spiritual wellness has led her into certifications in a variety of learnings like: mindfulness, meditation, Yin Yoga, Amrit Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep), Para Yoga, and as SFQ Qigong practice group leader. Other healing ministries include : mystical landscape paintings (see picture in retreat description) , Atma Buti (Soul Medicine) Sound Healing, Dreams as Spritiual Guidance, Reiki Master-Teacher, Healing Touch Spiritual Ministry practitioner, as well as Episocal priest. She provides classes through CalmwithCatherine.com and spiritual companioning for diverse peoples including clergy throughout the U.S. and Canada.