Path of the Shaman Part 1
November 13 @ 10:00 am - November 14 @ 4:00 pm$350.00 – $370
Path of the Shaman – Part I
An Introduction to Andean Shamanic Healing
by The Joyful Journey
In these turbulent times, it is easy to lose our vital energy and sense of purpose. As much as we try to take care of our body, mind and spirit, our efforts may fall short and we repeat unwanted habits and limiting beliefs.
Shamanic healing helps us to deal with the heavy energies around us. We will learn to align ourselves with benevolent and compassionate spiritual allies for guidance, healing, and protection. They help us to remove the negative hucha energy in us and to bring in the pure, refined sami energy that empowers us. If hucha stays in our field, it can cause problems with our health, mind, and relationships. By releasing hucha, we are free to embrace our True Self and soul purpose. Shamanic practices offer us a path that can empower us with creativity, healing, wisdom, and joy. It is more of a way of life than a set of techniques.
“The Path of the Shaman” is a two-part series of workshops for people who want to explore how to bring this wisdom into their daily life. The focus is on your own personal energy and healing; however, these principles can be used to heal others if you so choose.
We will gather at the beautiful Terramuse Retreat Center on a Saturday morning and stay overnight until Sunday afternoon. Part I is Nov. 13- 14, 2021. Part II is Dec. 11-12, 2021. We recommend that students attend both weekends because they build upon each other with new information. The retreats give you an opportunity to bond and support one another in a healing circle of like-minded people. These retreats also can help you decide if advanced training in our next shamanic apprenticeship, which starts next spring, is right for you.
The first weekend retreat lays the foundation for shamanic practices. We will cover these topics:
- How shamanism differs from other types of energy healing
- Preparing yourself and your sacred space
- Using ceremonial items such as k’huyas and a misa
- Exploring your True Self and soul purpose
- Interpreting the spiritual guidance within your dreams and journeys
- Journeying to various pachas (times and places) for healing
- Identifying different types of energies and how they may affect us
- Caring for your pachay (physical, emotional and spiritual bodies)
- Dealing with trauma and soul loss
- Conducting a fire ceremony
Path of the Shaman Part II
Our second workshop at builds upon the first. It will include new information, such as:
- the principles of the Chakana, teaching us how to live in ayni (reciprocity) and be in service to others
- the powers of the Four Directions
- finding guidance through Hamutay–the prayer and meditation used in the Andes
- working with your animal spirit ally and your body protector
- identifying hucha in your energy field
Angel and Steve Lyle are shamanic healers from The Joyful Journey in the Quad Cities. We started our study of core shamanism and Andean healing in 2004. In 2012 we were introduced to our current teachers from Peru and we continue to learn from them today. They have given us permission to share this wisdom with our students. We also have studied sound healing, Reiki, Quantum Touch, and Matrix Energetics.
The cost includes overnight accommodations, all meals and snacks, and tuition. A single occupancy room is $370 and a double occupancy room is $350 per person. Please register through the Terramuse Retreat Center.
If you have questions about the workshops, please call Angel or Steve Lyle at 563 505-4681.